About the Colbert County High School Library Media Center
Your Library Media Center Is Open M-F
Hours: 7:40 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Books: Students may check out books for a period of 2 weeks. Renewals are permitted when possible.
Rules: CCHS Code of Conduct applies. See forms link for more information.
Visiting: Students must have a pass to use the library.
Paraphernalia: Please leave food, book bags, and drinks outside the library.
|To Access the CCHS OPAC Click on
| the Computer Icon Above
The mission of the Colbert County High School library is to provide a learning environment that is conducive to learning. The mission is accomplished by:
1. Providing resources that enhance classroom learning through the use of varied resources to prepare students
for lifetime use of libraries and information sources.
2. Providing a broad range of resources that are diverse and developmentally appropriate
3. Providing a well maintained and varied collection for both students and faculty
4. Stimulating interest in reading
5. Working with teachers to design learning strategies to meet the needs of students
About the CCHS Media Center
The Colbert County High School Library Media Center is a large library of approximately 8,000 fiction and nonfiction books. The Library Media Center also hosts a computer lab and several AV resources for the faculty of Colbert County High School. The Media Center offers open access to students throughout the day and Mrs. Smith will happily work with teachers and students to enhance the learning experience through a curriculum of Information Science courses to various classes.
The Media Center is staffed by a professional librarian with 30 years of teaching experience.