Colbert County Schools Strategic Plan
Colbert County Strategic Plan 2015-2020
Colbert County Schools
Strategic Plan 2015-2020
In 2010, Colbert County Schools developed a Strategic Plan that spanned five years. Goal development included the involvement of students, parents, board members, community members, staff members, administrators and district leaders. In 2015, the school district with involvement of students, parents, board members, community members, staff members, administrators and district leaders developed new goals and revised existing goals to more closely align with Alabama Plan 2020. As a result, the following goals were developed:
Goal 1: All students will possess the knowledge and skills needed to enroll and succeed in credit-bearing, first year courses at a two or four year college, trade school, technical school without the need for remediation.
100% of Colbert County School System graduates will enter post-secondary education without the need for remediation.
1. We will redefine learning by developing and implementing a challenging curriculum emphasizing student engagement and high quality instructional methods.
2. We will ensure all students enter 9th grade academically prepared with a 4-year plan that addresses their individual and career interest needs.
3. We will implement college- and career-ready aligned standards in all core subject areas.
4. We will utilize quality district formative assessments and state assessments to guide instruction.
5. We will enhance career technical programs, offer a variety of AP courses, and collaborate with local colleges to offer more dual enrollment courses.
Goal 2: All students will possess the ability to apply core academic skills to real world situations through collaboration with peers in problem solving, precision and punctuality in delivery of a product and a desire to be a life-long learner.
100% of Colbert County School System students will be critical thinkers.
1. We will increase professional learning for staff members to develop, broaden and/or change to meet or exceed the needs of all students.
2. We will raise the bar to a rigorous level of learning with a focus on quality of work in comparison to quantity of work.
3. We will provide opportunities for students to work collaboratively.
4. We will analyze formative/state assessments, course failure rates, attendance rates, and develop action plans to address critical areas.
Goal 3: All students will be provided with supportive learning environments to foster a culture of success.
100% of Colbert County School System students will experience a learning environment of support.
1. We will ensure that every student has at one adult advocate in the school who supports the student's educational experience.
2. We will utilize Response to Instruction (RTI) for struggling students for both behavior and academics.
3. We will individualize instruction to ensure that individual needs are met for every student.
4. We will develop and implement programs to reduce student apathy.
Goal 4: Partnerships will be developed and strengthened between students, parents, staff members, administrators, board members, district leaders and stakeholders.
All Colbert County Schools will develop and strengthen new or existing partnerships to more effectively to meet the needs of students.
1. We will develop marketing strategies to encourage more families to attend Colbert County Schools.
2. We will seek community grants to assist the needs of schools.
3. We will offer flexible locations and times of events for families.
4. We will provide opportunities for more family-focused services.
Goal 5: The system will provide resources and services to all schools that support its purpose and direction to ensure success for all students.
100% of Colbert County School System students and employees will be provided resources and services to ensure success in alignment with the vision and mission of the system.
1. We will develop a long-range plan for facilities including a capital plan.
2. We will collaborate with the technology director to plan for future technology including infrastructure and security needs.
3. We will conduct an annual needs assessment to evaluate existing instructional needs, technology needs, and facility needs.